Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Who do you follow? Jesus or Paul?

We have to see the previous post about on Matthew 23 which spoke about hypocrisy.

Matthew's Gospel tells that Jesus preached the Law of Moses and that Jesus also said, listen to the scribes and the pharisees but do not follow or do what they do because they are liars.

Now let us look at what Paul teaches.

In 1 Corinthians 9, Paul teaches that he will do anything within his discretion to do anything he wants as long as his intention is met.

Quote from 1 Corinthians 9 :

Paul’s Use of His Freedom

19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

Note at verse 23, Paul claims to preach the Gospel... but whose Gospel was Paul preaching?

His own laws actually because he change the Laws of Jesus and Moses completely!

I think this is why Jews don't accept Christianity although Christians accept Jewry.


Image result for paul of tarsus

No comments: